Monday, August 10, 2015

rounded corners; MFT Creative Construction with Blueprints



Its the first challenge of the month, after the release (and wasn't that an amazing one?!), and the MFT Stamps design team is showcasing Die-namics Blueprints. This month we are using Blueprints with rounded corners. 

I so often forget to use rounded corners. Its easier to make everything rectangular. Until I grab      Die-namics Blueprints 14. It has the perfect rounded corner elements, easy for me to use! There is a panel, similar but smaller than, a 3x4 journaling card. And a larger panel with one rounded corner. Once I use these elements I am reminded how classy and elegant they look. They add movement and interest to my cards. With the perfect way the dies cut, it looks crisp too.

I really must keep this set on my desk all the time!

I layered a stitched panel of Sweet Tooth card stock on my 5x5 card base. (Die-namics Blueprints 14 for square cards.) Then I cut the large single rounded corner panel from Tropical Teal card stock. I was stamped with Polka Dot Background and Tropical Teal ink.

To the left side of the panel, I added a strip of the latest 6x6 Paper Pack, Dots and Stripes Fresh Paper Pack. The sentiment from Encouraging Words was stamped in Tropical Teal ink. I added the large flower from Die-namics Blueprints 14 layering Coral Crush and Peach Bellini card stocks. The leaves, also from the set, are in Sour Apple.

This card was quick to create as I based this card off one of the sketches from 
Die-namics Blueprints 14. Remember that each set of Blueprints has a set of sketches for you to print off and use! Love that! Check them all out on the MFT Stamps Blog HERE.

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...