Thursday, March 19, 2015

2 Ways to Use Die-namics Cover Ups; MFT Designer Die Challenge


Its another MFT Stamps DT Challenge! Die-namics Design is a challenge about using our dies and showing off all the amazing things that dies can do! This month we are focusing on Die-namics Cover Ups, the background creating dies. The dies all measure to the perfect size for a standard A2 card front. They are pretty cool!

Of course, I started off using Die-namics Stripes Cover Up in a non-traditional way. I just cannot help myself, I have to see all the creative ways I can use products! For this card, I used the die cut cardstock created with the Die-namics as a stencil!

I cut Primitive White cardstock with Die-namics Stripes Cover Up and placed it on a Primitive White cardstock base. Then I applied paste through the openings. How great are those gold stripes?!?! 

Once the paste dried, with a little help from my heat tool, I stamped a sentiment from Totally Happy inside the stripes. Super thrilled that it fit! The flowers and dies were added as a final touch.

Ok, so I surrendered and used the die "normally" on this card. Die-namics Proof Positive creates a pretty cool and completely trendy backgound!

After I cut Primitive White cardstock with Die-namics Proof Positive, I repeated the process with Razzle Berry, Persimmon, and Black Licorice cardstocks. Along with a piece of metallic gold paper. I placed the color pieces randomly inside the openings. Let me tell you how handy my Quickie Glue Pen was for this!

The sentiment is once again from Totally Happy. Such a fantastic set of sentiments! It was heat embossed on a piece of Black Licorice cardstock that was cut with a pennant shape from Die-namics Blueprints 20.

Visit the MFT Blog and see what the rest of the fabulously creative team has in store for you! I am off to drool and learn!

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

Supplies for Be Happy card:



Supplies for Makes You Happy card:

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOVE them both.

Queen Mary said...

Kimberly, these are both lovely cards. I love the first one with the krafty strips -- tres chic! And I'll tell you a secret, a confession about the second. That cutting plate reminds me of a confessional screen from my youth -- as in Confession, the Sacrament of! I want to send it to every priest I know! Now your card doesn't look like a confessional at all, but seriously, I could send your card to old girlfriends as a blinded up version... :) xo, mary

Voegelchen said...

This cards are absolutely georgeous. Love it :-)

Celeste Goff said...

What beautiful cards!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...