Thursday, January 9, 2014

MFT January Release Rewind

 


Welcome to the My Favorite Things Release Rewind! This release is full of so much goodness, I have not even begun to scrape the surface of all my ideas! But to share just a few more projects and to remind you that all the goodness is now available in the MFT Store, we have a couple more posts to share. Be sure and head to the MFT Blog for a list of the designers who are participating today and tomorrow.


When I saw this sentiment from Love Story, I knew I wanted to create a watercolor background for it. I started by inking up my Jumbo Abtract Art stamp with Insulation Pink ink, spritzing it with water, and then stamping. Knowing that my Electric Red ink would be way, way too intense for the pale pink, I experimented a bit and my crazy idea worked! I stamped the image with red ink, stamped it off once onto scrap paper, and then spritzed with water. Perfect way to get a paler ink color!


And the inside. This sentiment is wonderful. Its exactly how I feel about my hubby. We are so blessed. Looks like my Valentine's Day card for him is all finished!

Head to the MFT blog and find even more inspiration. The design team is truly amazing!

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly



7 comments:

Tracey said...

Beautiful Kimberly!!

Anonymous said...

Love this Kim!

Crafting with Darcy said...

I really love the simplicity of this because the watercolor effect makes such a huge statement! It's great!! Love that abstract stamp and your sentiment!

Crafting with Darcy said...

I really love the simplicity of this because the watercolor effect makes such a huge statement! It's great!! Love that abstract stamp and your sentiment!

Iris said...

Super cute card.
isoscia at aol dot com

Heidi said...

Beautiful card! - Thank you!

Rosy Newlun said...

Hi Kimberly,

Well, it sure didn't turn out crazy at all! It's exquisite, esp with the way you stamped out the heart as it fades away. Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...