Wednesday, November 13, 2013

My Favorite Things Release Rewind

MFT Happy Heart Snowman wall hanging by Kimberly Crawford
My project is not actually crooked. It must have been the angle of the photo. Lol.

Welcome to my final post with My Favorite Things this month, the Release Rewind. If you haven't already, all the gorgeous products I have been using this month are available for purchase in the store.

I just had to use Happy Heart Snowman one more time! Mom if you are reading this, skip the next sentence or two, ok? :) My mom loves snowmen. Especially if they don't have feet. This guy is perfect. So I wanted to make her a little piece of artwork she could leave up in the house during the winter months.

Its a wood plaque that measures 5"x5." I covered it with wood veneer paper that was painted. I started by trimming all my pieces 1" wide and then randomly cut each strip lengthwise to make it look like palette wood. First white paint was applied. Then brown along the edges. While the brown paint was still wet, I went over it again with a small amount of white paint. It gives this awesome distressed look.

MFT Happy Heart Snowman wall hanging cu by Kimberly Crawford

Once the painted strips of wood veneer were dry, I adhered them to the plaque (use some good adhesive). Some small, flat gems were painted with black paint and I adhered those in random places to look like nails.

The small stars are drop outs from Peek a Boo Stars Die-namics. I love the way they turned out when I randomly placed them on the wood.

And there you have it. Wow. Its been an amazing past week! Thank you for all the sweet comments! And a HUGE thank you to Kim, Joanne, and Jody at My Favorite Things for having me join them this month! It was a blast! Their product is beautiful and high quality and well, I just cannot say enough good things about all of it!

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly


18 comments:

Judith said...

This snowman stole my heart... I think your mother will be very pleased to receive such a cute card. The background wood veneer is just cool, well done! (-:

Tracey said...

What a gorgeous background! And the snowman is too adorable!

Emily said...

Thank you for some great ideas, Kimberly. I never knew about wood veneer and will go to ss to get some.

Tricia T said...

ACCK! LOVE this!! What a great background!

Unknown said...

That is the CUTEST little giftie ever. Love the idea of dicing apart the wood paper and making a pallet. How CLEVER.

Have loved having you with us this release! Big hugs!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness! This is beautiful! What a fabulous idea!!!

Rox-Ann said...

Wow this is awesome that is the cutest snowman ever! love the background great job I have enjoyed all your projects such clever creations! You have given me alot of inspiration to get in the holiday winter spirit!

Jennifer K said...

Such a cute snowman and an adorable project. I'm sure your mom will love it!

K. Joy said...

This snowman makes me smile every time I see it!! Such a cute card, and your wood background is amazing!!

Heidi said...

Adorable!

Michele Boyer said...

So cute! Love the wood and tiny stars!

Tammy H said...

OMG this is sooooo cute. My sister would absolutely kill to have this somewhere in her house. My niece tells me every year Frosty comes during the night and pucks snowmen all over the house. It's so funny.

Rachel V said...

I absolutely LOVE this project! Will you send me one too? ;)

Shari Czerwinski said...

Absolutely fantastic! LOVE the wood!! Pinned it :)

De hobbydroom said...

AMAZING Kimberly!! I love all off your creations!

slbt17 said...

love this!
Sandra ltb

zehra said...

This is gorgeous, love it

Lagene said...

The cutest snowman on a wonderful plaque!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...