Its the final day of
torture previews for My Favorite Things November Release! :) Tomorrow all the beautiful products that we have been showcasing for the past week will be available. My card has lots of great things to talk about, so I think today I will break it down in list format.
- The background was stamped using Striped Backgrounds in Electric Red and Jellybean Green inks. I think its a lot of fun to create your own backgrounds. I wanted it to look like plaid. Its close, but at least its festive. It was too strong of a pattern to put behind the snowman, so I softened it will vellum.
- The snowman! When my mom sees this, I will be making many, many projects with this adorable guy! He was colored with Copics and the heart was paper pieced with patterned paper.
- The red frame was created by die cutting a piece of red cardstock with two Pierced Oval STAX Die-namics. By layering the two ovals closest in size and die cutting them at the same time, you can make a frame. You must hold them in place with a piece of low-tack tape while die cutting or they will slip and become uneven.
- The sentiment was stamped on a small Pierced Oval STAX Die-namics.
- The holly leaves were created by snipping the leaves from Layered Vine Border Die-namics. I used Jellybean Green cardstock. A couple of red pearls were added for the berries.
The Copic markers I used, for those that want to know. :)
Be sure and head to the MFT Blog for links to the fabulous design team, details about the happenings and of course, prizes!! (There is other cool product being released. Go! See!) And I will be back again for a couple more days with projects, just in case we haven't all convinced you yet! :)
thanks for stopping by!
Supplies: My Favorite Things
Stamps-Happy Heart Snowman, Striped Backgrounds (available Nov. 12)
Die-namics-Pierced Oval STAX, Layered Vine Border (available Nov. 12)