Monday, November 11, 2013

MFT November Release Countdown Final Day

MFT Nov Preview happy heart snowman by Kimberly Crawford

Its the final day of torture previews for My Favorite Things November Release! :) Tomorrow all the beautiful products that we have been showcasing for the past week will be available. My card has lots of great things to talk about, so I think today I will break it down in list format.
  • The background was stamped using Striped Backgrounds in Electric Red and Jellybean Green inks. I think its a lot of fun to create your own backgrounds. I wanted it to look like plaid. Its close, but at least its festive. It was too strong of a pattern to put behind the snowman, so I softened it will vellum.
  • The snowman! When my mom sees this, I will be making many, many projects with this adorable guy! He was colored with Copics and the heart was paper pieced with patterned paper.
  • The red frame was created by die cutting a piece of red cardstock with two Pierced Oval STAX Die-namics. By layering the two ovals closest in size and die cutting them at the same time, you can make a frame. You must hold them in place with a piece of low-tack tape while die cutting or they will slip and become uneven.
  • The sentiment was stamped on a small Pierced Oval STAX Die-namics.
  • The holly leaves were created by snipping the leaves from Layered Vine Border Die-namics. I used Jellybean Green cardstock. A couple of red pearls were added for the berries.


MFt Nov Preview happy heart snowman copics

The Copic markers I used, for those that want to know. :)

Be sure and head to the MFT Blog for links to the fabulous design team, details about the happenings and of course, prizes!! (There is other cool product being released. Go! See!) And I will be back again for a couple more days with projects, just in case we haven't all convinced you yet! :)

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

Supplies: My Favorite Things
Stamps-Happy Heart Snowman, Striped Backgrounds (available Nov. 12)
Die-namics-Pierced Oval STAX, Layered Vine Border (available Nov. 12)

19 comments:

Lisa - papergrace said...

Oh Kim! This little snowman is so super cute. I love the paper pieced heart, too. Using the vellum to soften the plaid is such a fabulous idea. I totally adore this card. :)

Lyn said...

What a gorgeous gorgeous card.......I have loved your creations for the new release :)

Tammy H said...

So cute. Love the background.

zehra said...

This is adorable, I love the frame, awesome card

Unknown said...

Love your layout. So cute.

Katherine K :) said...

Adorable card. Love that snowman and the plaid background. Fabulous idea to cover the boldness with vellum, it created the perfect back drop for that sweet snowman to pop.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for tonight!!!!

wendy said...

really terrific card fun layout!

Shari Czerwinski said...

This card is great! Really love the plaid and vellum.

Colleen said...

What a super cute card and I love the added vellum!

Debbie Nelson said...

So cute! I love snowmen!!

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Wow! I Love that plaid background and coloring on this card. Great Job!

carsondcat said...

Awesome card, I love the use of the vellum too.

Kari V. said...

Very cute card! I love the plaid and the vellum and that paper-pieced heart is adorable!

Alina said...

nice card, Kimberly, I love the background!

Diane said...

So cute and adorable!!

Debbie said...

great snowman have loved this whole blog release
upnurse at aol dot com

Rox-Ann said...

This snowman card is just darling love your coloring it is just perfect!

Lagene said...

WOW this is so wonderful! The vellum makes me think of snow or winter fog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...