On a recent Hobby Lobby shopping trip, I found this chalkboard easel. And you know how much I love chalkboards! There were a couple of sizes, this one at about 5x7, but not quite, and a smaller one at 3x4. I couldn't wait to get playing with them, so I took time yesterday afternoon and am thrilled with how this one turned out!
With the small space to work with, I wasn't even going to attempt my real chalk technique. I wondered if my Silhouette could cut the white vinyl with the small size, while maintaining the details. And look! I cannot believe how perfectly it cut! (Silhouette file 47133)
It was interesting to lay this out. :) Silhouette does sell a transfer paper, to assist in applying the vinyl, but I did not have any on hand. This will soon be remedied. :) A tweezers helped me place the pieces. And, they were easy to pick up and move around as needed. Honestly, after two or three words, it was no problem.
To finish the easel off, I stamped these beautiful flowers and leaves from the new Avery Elle set, Laurels. This new stamp set is pretty and perfect. The real brilliance is the way you can layer the images. Each of the flowers has three layers, allowing you to add beautiful dimension.
And one more thing to share with you today, a peek at the new Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking digital magazine! This is the cover of the January 2014 issue! Ok, time for me to be honest. This has been hard. Knowing that the November/December issue was the final print issue of Paper Crafts Magazine was tough. I have loved the magazine since its beginning in 2004. But, there are some very positive things to come out of this:
- MONTHLY inspiration! There will now be monthly issues. Full of amazing inspiration from the best designers in the industry. All in one place. Beautifully photographed. Large photos. Large text.
- LINKS! Like that paper? Stamp set? Die template? Supplies will be linked making it easy to find that product that inspires you. Did I mention links to VIDEOS?
- SHARING! Tweet. Pin. Facebook. Email. You will have the ability to share so much! And if you really want, you can print the entire issue at home or a copy shop.
- No more clutter! Save all your issues on your computer or digital device! (Have I mentioned that I like to throw things away? Sometimes its important things, like, maybe airline tickets...)
- SCRAPBOOKING! Many of us dabble in scrapbooking too. I am looking forward to ideas that will inspire me in both hobbies! And even if you don't scrapbook, its still paper ideas.
- SPECIAL ISSUES. There will be MONTHLY PRINT special issues. And it looks like there may be the possibility of having those mailed to you...stay tuned.
Change is never easy. It isn't easy for me yet. But I will get there. And I am truly thankful that there will still be a magazine. My beloved magazine. New format. New possibilities.
thanks for stopping by!
P.S. If you want more details about the changes at Paper Crafts, please check out these couple of blog posts. People who are much better at writing than I. Paper Crafts Connection. Moxie Fab World.