Friday, August 23, 2013

summertime

i love you Simple Stories by Kimberly Crawford 
The final fleeting moments of summer are slipping away. The sun is setting earlier. The trees are starting to turn colors at the tops. The plants are wilting and turning brown. Sigh. It was an awesome summer. And now its time to start scrapbooking all the fun we had! (Anyone else like, oh, 30 weeks behind on their Project Life for this year? Its only me. Darn.)

This new line from Simple Stories, I Heart Summer is perfect. Its not overly girly, which is awesome because I will be using this to scrap our summer! Its full of bright colors and CHALKBOARD! Which I will never, ever tire of, ever.

  i love you cu Simple Stories by Kimberly Crawford
But, being the card making girl at heart, I had to pull together a couple of quick projects first. For this first card, I used a die cut journaling card. Isn't that heart cute? I backed it with the chalkboard paper and stamped a handwritten-style sentiment onto it. Add an arrow sticker and some washi tape chipboard and you have a perfect card for popping into a lunch box!

bring your own sunshine Simple Stories by Kimberly Crawford

This card is all fun. It has no purpose, other than I could not resist the chipboard jar with that straw!!! 

bring your own sunshine cu Simple Stories by Kimberly Crawford

I added a sunshine sticker with foam squares to the center of the jar. A sticker sentiment (bring your own sunshine) seemed appropriate. And of course, more chalkboard with an adorable border sticker. See? Lots of fun to be had with this collection!

I have a dream. Well, a plan. Possibly a goal. Let's go with, I have good intentions. Fridays are going to be my scrapbooking days. Its perfect because its discount day at my awesome local photo shop. Nothing motivates me like new photos. I am terribly behind this year and really want to sit down and create. Keeping our memories is SO important and it seems to be the last thing to ever get done. So, here is my plan. Its been said out loud, well, at least written for public viewing. And I still have lots of things to share with you about my process, slow going as it may be...Memory Mondays? Maybe not. :)

We will be kicking back and relaxing this weekend. I know a certain little man who needs that after a busy week of second grade. :) Enjoy your weekend and the beautiful weather! thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly


2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Lovin' your summertime cards!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

These cards are awesome, Kimberly. Love how you mix and match all the pp.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...