Friday, June 28, 2013

hello with Lawn Fawn

hello with Lawn Fawn by Kimberly Crawford
Hello! Not every card gets picked up for publication, including this one. And that’s ok. Why? Because I really like the way this card turned out regardless. And I get to share it with you!

I stamped these cute images from Lawn Fawn onto actual book paper. Knowing that the paper was thin and old, I knew that coloring the images could be a challenge.

hello with Lawn Fawn cu1 by Kimberly Crawford
Fantastix from Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko was the perfect solution. What are they you ask? They are ink pad material (or something similar) rolled inside a plastic tube with a rounded end or a tip.

To use them you simply press the tips into your ink pad (dye based is best for this) and color away. By putting the nib down on the parts I wanted darker first, I was able to add some depth to my coloring. Pretty neat huh?

If you would like to see the Fantastix in action, stop on over and watch a video tutorial here: Coloring

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Love your card!Very pretty!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...