Welcome back! Thank you all so very much for all your sweet comments on my post for the Spellbinders Blog Frenzy!!!!!
To create the frame on the front of the card, I started by die cutting a square of cardstock. Then, I die cut S4-342 Square Swatches from the center, using pieces of low-tack tape to keep it exactly in the center. Then the edges were inked. Using the same technique as my layout from the other day, I used the square die template to draw lines. A paper piercer was used to makes holes, allowing me to stitch. The stitched frame was then foam mounted to a piece of patterned paper.
The flower was die cut with S4-351 Spiral Blossom One and felt. Ahh that 100% wool felt again! Add leaves from S4-321 Nested Leaves, and a decorative brad from My Mind’s Eye.
The border on the bottom was die cut and embossed using E8-013 Classic Decorative Borders Five and E8-001 Classic Scallop Edgeabilities. To add extra depth to your embossing, be sure and rub some ink over the top, gently.
Ok, back to work, CHA is quickly approaching! So much to do, so little time!!
thanks for stopping by!
- Spellbinders-S4-342 Square Swatches (available for order at CHA-W), E8-013 Classic Decorative Inserts Five (available for order at CHA-W, S4-351 Spiral Blossom One, S4-126 Squares LG, S4-321 Nested Leaves, E8-001 Classic Scallop Edgeabilities
- Patterned paper-Jillibean Soup (Sweet and Sour Soup 6x6)
- Brad-My Mind’s Eye (Stella and Rose-Hazel Decorative Brads)
- Stamps-Flourishes (Tag Lines)
- Felt-National Non-Wovens (100% wool felt-Ivory)
- Ink-Memento (Tuxedo Black), Ranger-Distressing (Frayed Burlap)