The grand re-decoration of the “department store” tree has begun! (The name my husband has given the upper level Christmas tree.) The burlap ribbon is wonderful looking, especially for the cat who thinks it’s a treat. Yikes. :) Jingle bells have been added to the snowflakes already hanging on the tree. It still needs more, but I am enjoying the hunt. This past weekend, I knew I wanted to make some ornaments for the tree. I was inspired by last year’s Pottery Barn catalog. (You can see the projects for table décor and the original ornament I made last year on this post HERE.)
These only took a couple of hours and I made 20 of them. Here are the instructions.
- Die cut cardstock with Spellbinders S4-172 Pinking Circles. Add Stickles to the edges. Set aside to dry.
- Die cut cardstock with Spellbinders S4-114 Standard Circles LG.
- Stamp Holly Leaves with black ink onto the cardstock circle.
- Stamp Music Background with Frayed Burlap distressing Ink over the top.
- Add Scattered Straw distressing ink to the center of the ornament, avoiding the leaves. No worries on perfection, though.:)
- Apply Peeled Paint and Fired Brick distressing inks onto a craft mat.
- Spritz lightly with water.
- Using a paintbrush, paint the leaves and berries. Again, not worrying about perfection. And to add more depth, add another layer of ink, or use less water when spritzing.
- Stamp Joy with black ink.
- Ink edges with Frayed Burlap ink.
Sickness is still in our house. Hoping this week will mark the end for the poor little man. We have important Christmas activities to participate in! Hope you and yours are well. thanks for stopping by!
Supplies: Stamps-Hero Arts (Music Background Cling, Get Merry, Classic Holly Cling), Ink-Memento (Tuxedo Black), Ranger Distressing Inks (Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, Scattered Straw, Frayed Burlap, Stickles-Ranger (StarDust), Twine-May Arts, Spellbinders-S4-172 Pinking Circles SM, S4-114 Standard Circles LG