Wednesday, January 5, 2011

updates. news. its exciting stuff, no really, it is.

Whew! What a whirlwind it has been around here! We just got back from MN after being up there since Christmas Day. Our trip up got delayed by a day by a irritating snow storm that passed through. It dumped quite a bit of snow, enough to stop even us hearty Minnesotans from traveling. :) It turned out ok though, we had pizza and exchanged gifts with our little man and each other. It was a nice and relaxing evening.

We had a wonderful time with both my family and my hubby's family. Lots of food, fun, extended family, board games, and wonderful and way too many presents. I have to say that it was really hard to come back to Iowa. :) I guess we are just learning how to cherish the time we have together and make the most of it.

to-die-for-1

Life is insane with CHA approaching. Tons of artwork to finish, along with paper work, and running to the post office with it all. AND also preparing for the BLOG FRENZY! I know before I was on the Spellbinders team, I could not wait to see what each day's post would bring. I hope you are saving your pennies for this next release because it will knock your socks off!!!!! You can find out all the details and rules HERE. Its JANUARY 10-17, 2011.

And now a little peek into the stamp creating world. When I design a set, the artwork usually has to be done about 2 months in advance, minimum. There are edits and changes that need to be done before final artwork can be approved. Once the final artwork is in, proofs are made of the set. You stamp the images and make sure that everything is okey dokey. Then, the set goes into production. Its a process that is time consuming. So sadly, when you create a set, often times another stamp company can release a set with the same images or concept, before you can release your version. This month’s Mint Motif release has run into that issue. I have talked with the other company, to be sure that there are no worries about being a copy cat. And its all good. :) With that being said…

Mint Motif Logo Even Smaller

Mint Motif’s next release is coming up!!! Sneak peeks run from January 11th through the release day on January 14th!! And I cannot wait to introduce you to our GUEST DESIGNER for the month!!! She is amazing and talented and just a lovely person!!! :) And the set if stamps is really stinking cute, if I do say so myself. :) Something a bit different than what I have created before. :) The design team is loving the set. :)

I hope that you all had a wonderful holiday season, full of memories, love, warmth, and good times. 2011 is off to an amazing start in our house and I wish nothing but the best for you and yours as well!! More projects will be coming soon, Friday actually :). thanks ever so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

B said...

Glad you had a great holiday and good luck with all the craziness! Can't wait to see the new set! :)

Unknown said...

cannot wait to see the new release!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Very excited for the new release I am sure it is fabulous!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...