Tuesday, August 3, 2010

CHA-S 2010 @ Chicago

Just wanted to share some photos from my trip to CHA. I took all my photos with my iPhone, so please forgive the quality. :)

Picture 183

My first stop of the morning, and the show, HAD to be Spellbinders!!! Look at the Grand Calibur!! LOVE this new machine. Do you know how hard it was to keep this a secret? Its fantastic. Large dies will be available (yay for the awesome designs), but you can use all the die templates in your stash already!! (I have one, stay tuned for videos and lots of details!) Their BLOG.

SORRY. This project has been removed for publication. :)

One of my pieces of artwork in the Spellbinders booth. My parents weren’t sure if they should be happy to “be at the show” or just weirded out. :)

Picture 161 Picture

Lunch on the first day was with these fantastic ladies!

Susan Opel, Cath Edvalson, Rae Barthel, Ashley Harris

Picture 135

Bella Blvd. cuteness. I loved their bright colors and great mix of modern patterns. The other thing I liked was their scale could also work for cards. Notice the circles? They are still hot, hot, hot, as circles were everywhere!! Their BLOG.

Picture 148

October Afternoon Seaside. Nautical and fabulous and in my hands!! Loving their 8x8 pads! Their BLOG.

Picture 172 Picture 178

Crate. Crate. Crate. Crate. Their lines blew me away. Restoration (left) is gorgeous in color and style and it will be on everyone’s wish list. School Spirit(right) was fantastic too. Everyone had bright colors, but not primary. The colors all had a shabby look to them. BLOG

Picture 205

I spent the days walking around with Kate Baldwin (above, i{heart}papers) and her design team. Such lovely ladies. So kind and welcoming! Carolyn Mustopa, Gretchen Belknap, Deb Felts, Loretta Lock, Kendra Wietstock, Cathleen Torina, Lori Tecler, and Lynn Mercurio. We had a ton of fun walking, talking, and causing a scene because there were so many of us! We enjoyed a fantastic dinner, hosted by Kate, that night, at The Rosewood. Some of the best food I have ever eaten.

Picture 278

Look at that twice-baked potato! It was massive. I barely touched half of it. And let’s not forget that steak-melt in your mouth. Its a good thing I walked for 3 days straight!

Picture 274

I got to meet Jennifer McGuire! I have long, long, long been a fan of her work, but getting to meet her for real, wow. She is sweet, and kind, and just the nicest person you could meet. Makes you like her even more, doesn’t it? (Another amazing thing..the head honcho of Hero Arts took the photo! I got to meet Aaron! Wow!)

Picture 153

Hero Arts LACE!! Yes, yes, and yes!! I should also mention the darling stamps that came out in the new catalog too… :) BLOG

Picture 151

Here it is! All blown up for the booth!! My first cover on Card Style from Paper Crafts magazine!!

Picture 203

I have to say that it was pretty fun to get to stand next to it!! Amazing!

Picture 149

Pink Paislee’s additions to their Artisan Elements line…look at that circular gorgeousness!!!! Their BLOG.

Picture 179

Sassafrass Lass had beautiful lines. Indie Girl, Mix and Mend, and Count Me In (shown), Soft, girly, yet full of those fun images we expect from them. Wonderful borders on the bottom of the 12x12s and or course, the lines available in Wee Bundles (6x6) for us card makers. Their BLOG.

Although being at the show makes me long for making layouts again. More often, anyways.

Picture 319

More time with Rae. Love her. So much fun!

Picture 304

The fabulous Courtney Baker. The designer behind Practicing Creativity. Love her, love her stamps!

Picture 306

The super sweet, Kelly Alavarez. She had the cutest necklace with a fawn on it. Perfect for the Lawn Fawn lady herself!

Picture 326

Last day lunch was with Rae, Ashley, and Carolyn King!! We giggled a lot, a lot. I could spend a ton of time with these amazing women!!

Picture 204

Echo Park Hill. Love. New line. Great people behind the line. New release each month. Check it out. And great for card makers with their small and large scale prints.

Picture 196

Everything was gorgeousness in the Jenni Bowlin booth. Two new lines and new colors of their Vintage Buttons. Gonna need those! Their BLOG.

Picture 208

Cute canvas shapes from Jillibean Soup!! Their booth was FULL of great new products and eye candy! Be sure and find all their new stuff! Their BLOG.

Basic Grey, Maya Road, Studio Calico…all gorgeous products. The overload was on! If I had to take away just an overall view of the show and the trends, it would be texture and shabby. Which is right up my alley!! :) I will be bringing you more new product in the next few months, and I am looking forward to sharing more then. thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Nicky Hsu said...

Envy envy you. You are so lucky to get to meet so many talented ladies. Look at those yummy new least items. I scream when I see Hero Arts lace. They are so pretty. Thanks for sharing great photos.

Unknown said...

Awww... I could hang out with you all the time too!! It was GREAT meeting you IRL, let's keep in touch!!
xoxoxo
rae

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...