Tuesday, May 25, 2010

ice cream!

Ice Cream Cone

We need ice cream here in Iowa. Wow, its been SO hot here. Shocking for a Minnesota girl, a northern Minnesota girl. I don’t even have clothes appropriate. In MN, we wear sweatshirts and shorts all summer! :)

I adore these Limited Edition dies from Spellbinders™! These are the smallest dies in the Nested Ice Cream Cones set. And they easily cut the stamped backgrounds from Very Square. You can see a closer look below. And yes, there are two “scoops” of ice cream. :)

One more thing to point out-the scalloped border on the bottom was made from die cutting circles from the polka dotted background. Fun!

Ice Cream Cone CU

Ok, this is the last card from all my playing when the stamps first arrived. Are you liking your stamps? Make sure you share your projects with me because I cannot wait to see!! :) I am busy getting ready to teach a class at All About Pictures in Cedar Rapids, IA tonight. Its a monthly Spellbinders class. Each month we will make a different project featuring a new technique with the Spellbinders products. If you are in the area, I would love to see you in the next class! (the 4th Tuesday of every month)

Oooh-cute card alert!! Check out what Mint Motif design team member Charlene Austin made!

thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Stamps-Mint Motif (Very Square, Very Square Sentiments), Patterned paper-October Afternoon (Fly a Kit, Thrift Shop), Ink-Palette (Sunflower, Burnt Umber, Beaux Arts Blue, Landscape), Twine-May Arts, Spellbinders-Big Scalloped Squares Large, Nested Ice Cream Cones, Classic Circles Small

12 comments:

Amy said...

oh my gosh, we SHATTERED the heat record yesterday!! If you can believe it, we topped out at 95!!!!! With humidity to boot! The last record set for the day was back in 1975--88 degrees. It was a scorcher. It was 76 in Duluth, which is boiling for this time of the year!!

Eli said...

Kimberly,
The cone is so perfect with that little stamp. I made a darling card with the polka dots...it'll be up later. I love your card!!!

Geny said...

Fabulous card, I love that ice cream die!!

Ayana Posadas said...

Adorable card! So cute!

Kathy Martin said...

Yummy card! That ice cream cone is so cute! Great card design too! :)

Angela Fehr said...

LOVE the ice cream cone - and the non-traditional yet summery colours! We had snow last weekend, Kim, so I am hoping for some warm weather!

Bonita Rose said...

this is perfect.. love that cone!

Ida said...

YUM! Delightful card.

Melissa Bickford said...

Love, love, love this!!!! I can't wait to get my set and start playing! ;)

BellsInSpires said...

you've missed record highs in minnesota lately! it's been crazy! love the cards, visiting your site is always a bright point in my day.

Deanna said...

Perfection!

Anonymous said...

DUDE! The cone = seriously flipping CLEVER!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...