Monday, September 28, 2009

Damask Halloween

Happy Halloween Damask

This card has been sitting on my desk for a while, wow, since not too long after CHA. It was unfinished. I got home and HAD to try out the new Sticker Background Technique with Fun Flock from Stampendous. Its fun. Really fun. There is a wonderful video that you can watch HERE about how to do this.

To start with, I cut a piece of ThermOWeb doubled sided adhesive sheet to the size I wanted. I peeled off the backing and applied it to the black card base.

Then I peeled two damask stickers off and applied Plain Ol’ Black Fun Flock to the sticky side. Peeling the top double sided adhesive sheet backing off of the card base, I gently placed the damask stickers where I wanted. You can finagle the stickers a bit on the adhesive sheet, but not much, so commit carefully. :)

Here is the fun part, dump a ton of white Fun Flock all over the adhesive sheet and damask stickers. Rub it in a circular motion until the background becomes mostly white. Tap off the excess and with a paint brush, sweep away the white Fun Flock from the damask stickers. Isn’t that cool? :)

So, back to my card sitting there, staring at me, begging me to be completed. I got into Halloween mode and thought, hey, damask is pretty cool for Halloween, why not add an orange ribbon and go for it? To add to the spooky look, I distressed the edges with a tool and added white ink.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend! We will be home very, very late tonight, so I have the whole week of posts scheduled. thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Fun Flock-Stampendous (Plain Ol’ Black, Cotton Ball White), Damask Stickers-Stampendous, Cardstock-Papertrey Ink (True Black), Stamps-Papertrey Ink (Spooky Sweets), Hero Arts (Happy Owl-oween), Ink-Palette (Fresh Snow), Ribbon-Papertrey Ink (Orange Zest Grosgrain), Twine-Papertrey Ink (Rustic White), Gems-Hero Arts, Spellbinders die templates-Tags Five

3 comments:

Tracey said...

I love this card Kimberly. It's gorgeous!!

Regan said...

OMGorgeous!!

Geny said...

Such a cool card! Love how the damask looks like a big ol spider!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...