Friday, June 5, 2009

Father's Day Gifts

This project came from several places of inspiration and it all fell together perfectly, gotta love it! I asked DS what he wanted to get Daddy for Father's Day. He replied, "a movie, we go to a movie, in the theater." So cute and Daddy loves a movie too. I immediately thought of these darling little popcorn boxes I had sitting in the closet. Later on, when I went downstairs, I looked at the stamps I wanted to use, For Him stamps from Stampendous. PERFECT! The set (amazingly versatile) had a small striped pattern, stamp it in red, and you get the popcorn box look! :) I made two boxes, one for Daddy and one for Grandpa. They are going to be a great way to wrap up a movie gift certificate and sports tickets!!

The boxes are white and shiny. When stamping on these, I would strongly recommend dye-based inks. They dry more quickly and just seem to work better. The boxes also have an angle, meaning, you can't cut squares to decorate the boxes. So, I adhered cardstock, which was longer than the box, to the front of the box, turned the box over, and then cut away the excess.

I have one more cute project tomorrow, also inspired by the little man. :) Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps-Stampendous (For Him)
Cardstock-Prism (Blush Red, Island Mist, Suede Brown Dark and Light)
Ink-Tsukineko (Versamark Watermark), Palette (Dark Chocolate, L'Amour)
Twine-Wright's
Buttons-Michael's
Tools-Spellbinders Die Templates (Tags Five)

11 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, everything you do is just awesome. Love the colors on these, those sweet heart buttons, and the TAGS! Oh my, awesome tags!

Deanna said...

So fun Kim! Love them!

Unknown said...

So, so cute! I LOVE those colors and those sweet little heart buttons. Great gift idea and you've done it perfectly!

Connie M. said...

Oh my, Kim! This is just such a cute and clever idea! I am sure he is gonna love it! :)

Lesa said...

You amaze me girl! Stinking cute! They are going to love them. :)

Jacilynn said...

great idea! I love it

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - Kimberly - your latest Spellbinder projects are FABULOUS!!! You've been on a roll!! I love them - keep them coming :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Charlene Austin said...

Holy Freakin Cuteness!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

simply adorable!! love them!!!
chelle

Rox-Ann said...

Wow these turned out perfect! I am sure they will love them, love E's idea for Dad!!

Unknown said...

Such a great idea for a gift Kim!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...