Friday, December 12, 2008

Festive Flourishes Friday!

"Its the most wonderful time of the year..." So to celebrate the Flourishes team is having some fun challenges on Fridays. This week's challenge was, White Christmas. We needed to show the razzle and dazzle of winter with a crisp wintery white (or mostly white)creation.

It was tough! :) I finally settled on stamping my branches, from the All That Glitters set, in green and then making them look like they were covered in snow. Here is where I love acrylic stamps! I stamped the ripe avocado ink first. Then, I randomly put watermark ink on the stamp and stamped over the branch. By letting the green ink dry, I was left with the perfect places to apply embossing powder! And if you haven't tried JudiKins embossing powders, what are you waiting for? Not only is their sparkle amazing, but they heat evenly, quickly, and bring out detail!

The ornaments were stamped with watermark ink, embossed, and to bring out a bit color-radiant pearls were painted on. The corners were punched and pearls added for some detail.
We would love for you to join in the fun! If you want to play along, simply leave a comment on this post with your project link or upload your card to Splitcoast using the keyword FFFC2. Keep in mind, we’ll be doing this fun Friday challenge all month long and there will be a special drawing for those that play all four weeks!
Check out the rest of the design team and blogging team's beautiful work:
Supplies:
Stamps-Flourishes (All That Glitters)
Cardstock, Vellum-Papertrey Ink
Ink-VersaMark (Watermark)
Embossing Powder-JudiKins white diamonds
Pearls-Hero Arts
Radiant Pearls-Oyster
thanks for stopping by! come back a little later today for another post! :)

17 comments:

LeAnne said...

Kim, this is beautiful! I am loving Flourishes more & more!
LeAnne

Unknown said...

Another wow......just beautiful. Ty for sharing.
lablady2007@juno.com

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!! I love the embossing!

Betty Wright said...

Oh, my word!!!! This is so stunningly beautiful, Kim!!!! Love the dimension and the two-toned branches are WOW!!!!! Fabulous work!!!!

Julie Koerber said...

Very, very pretty!!!! I laughed when I read your comment about Judikins embossing powder because I JUST reached for my glittery white powder yesterday for a card! It sure sparkles! I love your take on this challenge! Just looks like elegant snow covered branches!

Regan said...

really beautiful card, I love the muted tones

Cindy Lawrence said...

Just beautiful, Kim! Love your snow-covered branches!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Another gorgeous creation! You're amazing, Kimberly!

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - WOW - WOW - Kimberly!!! This is simply gorgeous!!! Love the embossing and all the white space!!! Fantastic take on the challenge!!!

Latisha said...

Kimberly, I just love this, you are giving me lots of inspiration its so beautiful!!

ChristineCreations said...

I'm with you Kimberly...I find all white so difficult! But I LOVE your multi colored branches! This is a gorgeous card!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word this is drop dead gorgeous!! Kim you have me sold on that EP - it sure gives everything a kick!!
--Becca

Broni said...

Oooooo! This is so frosty and elegant!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! I love the hint of the pine behind all the snow. Beautiful card!

Cindy Haffner said...

Stunning.

Jan Castle said...

Absolutely elegant!!
Jan

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

What a stunner!! Love the two toned branches and the softness of the embossed ornaments....gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...