Friday, February 29, 2008

Spring

I need spring. It is snowing again today and I just want to look outside and see green, not white. Sigh. So today I thought, why not make something springy to help out? Martha Stewart has these stunning crepe paper flowers at Michael's. I have been looking at them fascinated and longingly, for quite some time. I was thinking about how to make my own, when I thought of that crazy Twistel stuff we all had to have from Making Memories. Bingo! I peeled apart an entire skein and began experimenting. And this is what came of it.
I made the flowers two ways. One way I just folded the Twistel and adhered it. The other, I cut the petals out. The petals are attached to the brad. The paper is so thin, the brad easily pierces it.
I stuck small gems (MAMBI) in the centers of the brads, but they need more glue than they possess. I also covered the center with a Prima flower. It just covered up the joining of the petals.
The vase is an upside-down pyramid box. I have a template. I cut the very top edge off to create the hole that I placed the wire stems of the flowers in. I ran the wire around the base of the backside of the brad to attach it to the flower.
The papers are from K&Co's Wild Saffron line. I cut out the butterfly, gave her some Stickles and wire antennae. The stamp is from Papertrey Ink.

I HAD to share my grocery store find-dark chocolate, raspberry 3 Musketeers!!! Yummy! They are very good!! Very good. Very bad, actually! :)
Have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Rox-Ann said...

OMG those flowers are awesome I knew you would figure it out. And Yummy will you share those 3Musketeers with your MIL!!!

Fletch said...

LOVE those flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...